Sunday, August 10, 2008

Arashi’s PV of Truth is finally out. The setting is dark but it is still undeniably ‘Pop’ – with all that dancing, it couldn’t be anything else. But I like it and the song itself. Jun is very consistent with his performance (his timing is always a little bit off from the rest - he never fails, and my sister and I never fail to notice this), Nino’s movements are ever so “becky”, and Aiba still dances a tab bit too much than the others. After watching these guys for a considerable time, you’d soon notice their quirks when they perform. But I love these boys. They make me laugh real hard. The only thing that bothered me in the song were the words “You take my life forever, I take your life forever”. Well, considering it’s the OST for the TV drama Maou (The Devil), I think it’s meant to elicit angst – or something to that effect. Like I said, the PV’s set is dark – the room is reminiscent of an old Victorian house without any furniture, there’s an orchestra at the back, chandeliers, and constant flashes of lightning (or something resembling that). When we first saw it, my sister and I joked that they borrowed the set for the ‘Drink it Down’ PV (L'Arc~en~Ciel's PV released last April). Is it just me, or is there a connection somewhat (no matter how subtle or shallow it might be) between Arashi and L’Arc~en~Ciel. Like a storm (arashi) and a rainbow (L’Arc en Ciel) *grins*. Yes, it’s probably just me. I may be the only one who thinks this - but, on the other hand, with all the fans of Laruku who are Arashi fans as well, who knows. And so, moving on, only Arashi can probably turn a dark song to pop (like how only Laruku can wrap a lyric full of angst with a sweet sounding melody… Hahahaha... I just couldn’t resist adding that note, could I?).

*There's Maou. I didn't think Riida could pull it off. But he did, and he did it quite well***Aiba looks like a Korean popstar here, doesn't he?**

By the way, Maou is becoming more and more compelling with each episode. Although I can't fully swallow how Naruse can plan everything like that. No matter how brilliant he is, he can't possibly calculate everyone's action with spotless precision, can he? Oh well, who cares about that. As long as Naruse doesn't get caught, it's fine with me *heh heh heh*

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.