Tuesday, August 26, 2008

When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual satisfying weirdness--

--and call it friendship

This made me smile. A friend sent this text message last night. Now, I don't usually read text messages that are only quotes. If the first line resembles or sounds like a quotation (especially about love or friendship), I'd most likely delete it without reading the whole message. I'm not a cynical person - I'm just probably practical - or boring, as some people might put it.. hehehe... But because this friend doesn't usually send me messages, I read it. And our friendship is exactly what it says. I respect this person's weirdness. That weirdness beckoned me to him. I don't think I'm the same as him - but somehow our weirdness are related, like the positive and negative poles of a magnet. I remember, during college, we voted to skip a midterm exam because the last episode of the anime CardCaptor Sakura was going to be aired the same time as that test (we went to class though - because we were outvoted).

Once I visited him at his house without prior notice or warning - that was after not seeing each other for 2 or 3 years. And, we talked as if we just saw each other the day before. It's refreshing to have people like that. You don't always have to be near them (honestly, I'm terrible at 'keeping in touch with friends'). But the friendship is there, as if it's a universal truth. I don't even greet this person on his birthday - and he's the same with me. Although there was a time when he went to my place on my birthday - that was only because I asked him to and it was more of me worrying that he needed company. My mom once said there's no doubt we're friends because we both sleep like logs.. hehe ^^ Maybe that's the reason why our plan to apply for a scholarship in Japan did not push through. Imagine if we were dorm mates, we'd both be failing every early morning classes we have. Alarm clocks work for neither of us.

The point of all this? I'm really just glad I know someone whom I can fall into a mutual satisfying weirdness with *laughs*

Come to think of it, I can't really be comfortable with a person unless that person has a weirdness that I understand or can relate to. So somehow, I'm glad my friends are weird *hahahaha...*

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.