Tuesday, August 12, 2008

There’s hardly any work again this morning. It’s only Joey and me today - our two other teammates are both on sick leave. So with just the two of us to share this scanty workload for the whole day, I don’t know if this should be called a blessing or not. I was already sleepy during our first hour. But I can’t just doze off now because the PH people (from another department) have just moved their stations right behind us. We’re not alone in this aisle anymore. **sigh**

Yesterday, I was telling Joey about the fight I had with my sister last Saturday. I told him how furious I was and how I shouted at my sister because she lent my ‘Kitchen’ (Banana Yoshimoto’s book) to a couple of her classmates. And not only did she lent my most treasured book to a number of people, she did it without my knowledge. I just found out last Saturday when I noticed that the book was missing from our shelf. How could I have missed it, it's blaring pink after all. Then Joey asked if Hanna was crying. I paused and said, “No, it was me who was crying”. Then the whole thing just sounded stupid and I realized how doltish I might have looked then – getting hysterical because of a book. And my sister? She was quiet the whole time I was shouting at her. When she finally answered, it was something like “yeah, I got you. I’ll get it back – you happy?” I was exasperated. I was at a loss for words.

But I’m a person who is very easy to please, so when my sister came home last night with the book in her hand, we’re now in good terms again. And maybe because the two of us had fought so much when we were kids, we get along much better now. We’re not the type of people who needs to have a heart-to-heart talk to patch things up. We’d rather put what happened behind us and start afresh with a laugh.


There are times when I wonder if my sister would be a better elder sister. She acts mature more frequently than I do, even though she's 3 years my junior. But, then again, I was born first (I made it here first!), which means I was somewhat ahead of her. And, I feel I'm still ahead. With what? Aside from years, I have no idea.... *laughs*

Shoot! It's almost the end of my shift. Must go back to work and finish...

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.