Thursday, January 22, 2009

Samson
Regina Spektor
>>here<<

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth
I have to go, I have to go
Your hair was long when we first met

Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
He ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed
And history books forgot about us and the bible didn't mention us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the stars came fallin' on our heads
But they're just old light, they're just old light
Your hair was long when we first met

Samson came to my bed
Told me that my hair was red
Told me I was beautiful and came into my bed
Oh I cut his hair myself one night
A pair of dull scissors in the yellow light
And he told me that I'd done alright
And kissed me 'til the mornin' light, the mornin' light
And he kissed me 'til the mornin' light

Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
Ate a slice of wonderbread and went right back to bed
Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down
Yeah we couldn't destroy a single one
And history books forgot about us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first

-----

I feel lazy today. Funny, I'm almost sure that the moment I utter that out loud work would come rushing in. And there’d be no room for dawdling or nap. *hehehe… sheepish* It’s not like I sleep at work on purpose. There are certain days that seem too slow it’s almost inevitable to fall asleep. I know, I know. It’s wrong.

The weather has gotten warm again. Taking a bath is no longer a big trial to dread for every morning. And I finally caught a glimpse of the sun! What a lovely, lovely face she has. My friends and I had a sleepover at Botan’s place last Friday night and I discovered something else that could keep me awake other than coffee. Since there’s not enough space in Botan’s room for the whole lot of us, Rachel, Botan, and I were to sleep at the living room and share the large sofa bed there. We watched a subbed episode of G no Arashi (the one with an Aiba board game) and some of ItteQ’s. They were sooo hilarious that Botan and I ended up not sleeping a wink. Laughter is a very very good medicine and energizer. Well, with Rachel... uhm... I guess it’s not the same for everyone. In the morning after, we replayed the episodes she missed for her. But before we got to the good parts of the video, she was already sound asleep again. It was frustrating >.< (I love you, Rach! hehe).

Every morning, it has become a daily routine of Botan, her mom, and her aunt to take a stroll to a small hill nearby their village. So my friends and I joined them on that Saturday morning (though not all, only the ones we managed to wake up). Botan and I still had some extra energy to spare probably from the laughs we had. But I drank a bit of coffee too (just to be sure that sleep won’t suddenly hit me and I drop dead in the middle of the road) before we headed out. As we were nearing the hill, Botan nonchalantly pointed out that the hill is by the periphery of Muntinlupa City Jail. It was such a pleasant morning, the air was cool and I could see the rays of the sun over the hill, that what she said felt like a natural thing to say. “Oh really?” my friends and I were chuckling. The walk was refreshing. When we reached the top of the hill, sunlight welcomed us with the warmest embrace as if to say ‘I missed you.’ Smiling, I silently replied ‘So this is where you’ve been hiding!’ We’ve got real love, the sun and I *smiles*.

We did a few stretches (me, Botan, Ces, and Za) and then sat on the rocks near a tree protruding at the edge of the hill. It was the only tree there actually. We chatted a bit as we wait for our Titas to finish their own stretches. The grass was cold as the morning breeze. About five paces from where we were sitting, the grass grew tall and some chips plastic wrappers and an empty bottle of gin were lying at the fore. And to it’s left, there was a bare spot on the ground with some sort of markings. Za said it’s a gangster’s mark. Curiously, none of us were alarmed. It must be the sun finally appearing that made us feel safe. And, of course, the fact that Botan and her mom (with a couple of other people from the neighborhood) tread to that place for their early morning walks or jogs added to it.

It was nice to watch the houses beneath the hill and the people (and dogs) as they start their day. We could also view the South Super Highway and, over yonder, the Laguna bay. From that distance, the bay water looked dreary and misty. The gray outlines of far off mountains were visible too. This excited Ces and Zarah –-as expected of our mountaineers, hehe.

After a while, we started to pad down from the top. I could feel a bit of sweat on my back. It was good. I think I haven’t perspired ever since the cold had gone crazy. Imagine, all the fat I gained from the countless binge over the holidays, and I did nothing to sweat them out. What would I come to? Well, naturally, I don’t perspire easily. But it was more like not even a strenuous activity could bring me to perspire due to the cold.

When we got back, the others were already awake and starting on breakfast. That short hike made Za and me hungry that we wolfed down whatever was served for breakfast. I had spaghetti, fried rice, hotdog, and a dish with ground pork (sort of Menudo). It’s amazing how a short walk could make the tiny me gobble them all food down huh. And then Rachel huddled us for our little ‘Caregroup service’. That is something like a cell group in a church –-but not really. I was already too exhausted by that time that I almost fell asleep holding the glass of grape juice and biscuit. Uhm, we were having a small ‘Communion’ then. (sorry, am too tired explain these things)


After that, I finally got some sleep. Lunchtime came, and I woke up because I couldn’t breathe. Za was sitting on me. I wiggled with all my strength, as I try to utter “Za-,“ to topple her. And when I was finally able to sit, I gave her the look that clearly says, “What’s the big idea?” She laughed and replied that that method was the best she could think of to wake me up (in all fairness, it sure did). She casually got up and then, before leaving the room, she added something like, “it’s lunch, eating time.” Ah, friends. When friends are audacious enough to do stunts like that (close to killing you --and with the confidence that it won’t) just to wake you up for something good, then you’d know they’re true. Ahahaha. You must be thinking I’m crazy. Well... oh well, I'll leave it at that :p

I remember, on that Friday, I was particularly very sleepy due to lack of sleep. I’ve been watching some videos in youtube -the day before- until almost midnight. And when I got home from work, I was supposed to only eat a bit of dinner then head out to Botan’s. But I fell asleep immediately after dinner. I woke up only from Rachel’s voice, calling me as she rested on my bed. Earlier that day, she was somewhere in Makati or Cubao (I think --anyway, what’s certain is she was in a place quite far from my house) and was supposed to head straight to our sleepover party. But she called my house first to check on me. And when she learned from my sister that I was sleeping already, she went out of her way just to force me out of bed and practically drag me over Botan’s place.

Though those bits may sound cruel, I can’t help but feel I’m swallowed by an enormous love that's keeping me warm throughout my days. I'm really really thankful for having me friends (n_n).

. . . *smiles* . . .

So now, I go back to work. I think my head had been loquacious enough. Far too much, I guess. Must focus back to work.

Adieu.



2 comments:

rachel_diva said...

funny.. i just opened my blogger again... i'm planning to put up several today..

you forgot one thing though about the walk.. you felt so comfy you forgot to wear your... hanna and i knows what...

love yah dear sis.. you are special!!! and well loved!!! doesn't matter if we go out of our way. we will still do heroics if need be for you!!!

ha.. im still addicted to myspace!!!

pawdough said...

Yes, you owe your blogger a few posts by now. Hehe

And SSssshhhhhhh! Ahahahahaha

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.