Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dawn. The sky this morning was so white, like a fresh blank page. Untouched. And I thought, how nice.

2009 is here. I should write something, hehe. I meant to post earlier, but I just couldn't get a chance to –or was just too laz-- no, scratch that. It’s not good to be idle at the start of the year, and improper too. The temperature seems to have dropped a notch lower, especially in the mornings. Yesterday, I was shivering when I got here in the office. I don't like cold weather.

Just last Sunday afternoon, I was reading a book in our living room - on a couch, wearing sweater and pajamas, an extra pillow squished to my right, and the long flat cushion from the other couch lay on my lap. My hair was tied in a bun and I was wearing my reading glasses. I must’ve looked like an old lady. But my sister likes to josh saying it’s my brain that’s aging too fast (note: ‘aging’ –not maturing, hehe), and my appearance is curiously stuck to that of a grade-schooler.

There was a time when I kept starting on the movie ‘the Golden Compass,’ but I kept falling asleep even before the first scene ends. Hanna calls it 'signs of aging', plus she looks like someone receiving a slice of cake whenever she gets the chance to tell me this. And she waits for just the right moment to say it. Well, let me ask, are old people the only ones allowed to sleep on a movie? Can't a person doze off while watching a film even though she's only twenty-four? Tell me.

Frankly, I'm not affected by the fact that I'm getting old, and whether it's speed is not the same for my brain and appearance. There's no way around it. What gets to me and makes feel a bit lonely is the fact that everyone else is growing old too. I'm happy and content with how my family is now, that I wish it would always be this way. But of course, my sister and brother will eventually leave when they're old enough - or independent enough. And my parents wont be as energetic as they are now. At present, I find solace in the word 'eventually' --nothing has changed yet, they're here with me now...

Well, umm, moving on…

2008 had been wonderful. They said it was the year of beginnings –and it was indeed. It was a year of good memories for me.

And, so as not to forget them, here –I jotted down one good memory for each of the month of 2008 (just one, or else this post would be too long):
  • January – Was moved to a new team at work
  • February – Started my blogspot
  • March – Midnight Nihongo study sessions for with Lesley (via YM – because she’s in Singapore)
  • April – Got the tickets for L’7 in HK
  • May – Watched L’Arc~en~Ciel’s concert in HK *Ah, I was truly blessed :D*
  • June – Jdrama marathons (itoshi kimi e, hotaru no hikari, and some others)
  • July – 1st translation attempt – Time Goes By
  • August – Translation attempts again – this time NEXUS4 / SHINE
  • September – My grandma turned 92
  • October – Resurrected my LJ
  • November – Discovered Fantastic Contraptions
  • December – Camped amidst the corn field (well, more like corn seedlings)
I should make a post on that last one. But I must pester Botan and Ces first for the pictures *grins*

-----

My Monthly Vamps vol. 5 came last December. I’m a little disappointed. Where is the 'AnisxHaido' fanservice? Is it too wrong to ask for it?

Okay, okay, I’ll let that one go *pouts*.

Anyway, Daigo was in it too --in his odd, comical Halloween costume. Heehee. I would never have cared who this guy is if he had not been a guest at Arashi no Shukudai. He’s funny, and he does not seem to notice he drawls *snickers*. And the way he tells a story is amusing. He's the grandson of a former prime minister, but he was determined before not to disclose this fact. He finally wavered when he realized he's getting close to thirty and still no big break for his band (Breakerz); so he revealed who his grandpa was. And then, from his words, it was a ‘super-jump!’ Their released single was suddenly at the top ten of cd rankings. You guys should watch it --forgot which episode of AnS though, it was quite recent. Really, you must see. I assure you you'd find Daigo funny, in a cute-kind-of way.

*There's my--ahem- I mean the bride**

**There's Daigo in white. And of course, the quee-- I mean the king at the center :D**

The last two are scans shared by Gabyta and Niyako *mou ichido, domo arigatou*

-----

I have joined a group in Shelfari, ‘The Challenged Reader’. Luckily, I was on time for the start of their first challenge, ‘Pages for Pounds’. The goal is to lose ‘weight’ on one's TBR (To Be Read) list; instead of considering the number of books completed within the duration of the challenge, it’s the weight of the book that is counted. So if I’m only able to finish half of a book at the end of the challenge, I can still count in half the weight of the book in my log. I love it for its originality.

I must make a separate post for this –-I might, but not before the 'camping trip' post.

-----

This year, I want to learn how to edit pictures. Haven't got Photoshop installed in my pc yet. Not yet. And would you believe I don't know how to use Photoshop? Yeah, I know. Jurassic. Ancient. Whatever. Hahaha

I made something last weekend - only with online photo editors though. It's a sort of diptych using a photo of me and my sketch of Hyde (as Adamu).


-----


I wasted both the Noche Buena and New Year’s Eve. I missed them. Before the clock struck midnight, I was already dead to the world – I struggled to keep awake, but, obviously, not enough. So if I would have a resolution for this year, that would be to spend more hours awake than asleep.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.