Friday, July 4, 2008

I just found a subbed L'Anniversary. Although it's only the first half of what was aired in WOWOW.

Mas naappreciate ko yung mga songs ng L'Arc. Although I know how good most of the lyrics are even before. I've already read some translations of their songs, medyo magulo nga lang - mahirap intindihin. I even tried translating some songs on my own - just to understand it. Pero ang hirap talagang itranslate sa english ng lyrics ni Haido. There was even a song that took me couple of hours just to phrase 2 lines in english. Nakukuha ko naman yung idea nung lines pero parang nawawala ung ganda nya 'pag ako na ang nagconstruct sa english. Unang-una, sa huli lagi ang verbs sa japanese sentence structure - nauuna lahat, pati direct object. But the guys at Nihon no Fan did a good job in translating the songs. I'm eager to see their translation for the other half of L'Anniversary.

Oh, eto ung ilang lines galing sa translations nila (nilagay ko ung title at kanji nung songs):

"White Feathers"

鳥が 必死に羽ばたき彼はそれを哀しげに見つめては彼女に想いをはせて . . .
"please tell me the way to the sky"
すぐそばに今存るのに . . .
"please tell me the way to the sky"
遠のいて行く とどかないもっと高く . . .
. . . 舞い上がる 風の中
Will you "please tell me the way to the sky"
閉ざしたまま羽根は広がらず落ちて行く

Will you . . . "please tell me the way to the sky"
指先さえ ふれられない
あの鳥のように この地につながれている
ああ 空は何も変わらず そこにいた

This bird is bound by the feet to a corner of a room
There, it frantically flaps its wing
And he watches, filled with sorrow
As his thoughts reach out to her

"Please tell me the way to the sky"
Even though I'm already so close
Will you "please tell me the way to the sky"
As far as I can reach is never enough
It's always higher . . .
. . . dancing up into the wind
will you "please tell me the way to the sky"
These folded wings, which have never flown,
will be lost

Will you "please tell me the way to the sky"
Even though I'm already so close . . .
Not even my fingertips . . . not the slightest touch
Like that bird
I am tied to the ground

Ah, the sky never changed,
It was there all along

***
"Vivid Colors"
列車は今日彼女の街をこえて
知らない風景を連れてくる
この色彩に映された僕は何色に見えているのか
どれだけ離れたなら忘れられるだろう
想ってみても空しくて
やがて降り立つ日差しの下
そっとそっと目を閉じて
in to vivid colors
So, the train will pass through her town today
It will come, bringing along an unknown scenery
Cast amidst all of these colours,
Which color do I appear to be?
How long must we be apart before I can forget you?
Even attempting to wonder about this is futile
Soon, I will step out beneath the rays of the sun
soflty, softly . . .
I close my eyes

. . . into vivid colors
***

"NEO UNIVERSE"

あなたは風のように優しく
鳥のように自由に
この世界をはばたく
恐がらずに NEO UNIVERSE

悲劇だとしても
あなたに巡り会えてよかった

きれいな花のように笑って
星のように輝いて
この世界をはばたく
恐がらずに NEO UNIVERSE

生まれ変わる季節よ
切なすぎた季節よ
空のように一つに
結ばれよう NEO UNIVERSE

You, gentle as the wind,
Free as a bird,
Spread your wings into this world
Without fear NEO UNIVERSE

Even though it was a tragedy
I am glad to have met you
Laugh, like a lovely flower,
Shine like a star,
Spread your wings into this world
Without fear NEO UNIVERSE

Oh, seasons born again,
Seasons of loneliness
Like the sky, make us one
Tie us together, NEO UNIVERSE

***
"花葬"
(Kasou)

くるい咲いた夜に眠れぬ魂の旋律
闇に浮かぶ花はせめてもの餞

ばらばらにちらばる花びら 雫は紅
欠けた月よ廻れ 永遠の恋をうつし

くるい咲いた夜に眠れぬ魂

Blooming at night and out of season
This is the song of a sleepless soul
A flower floating in the darkness
Has a but a single farewell gift

Petals scattered about at random,
Appear as drops of crimson
Oh, eclipsed moon, rotate before me
Eternal love will be reflected

Blooming at night and out of season
*translations from Nihon no Fan*
***
May mga lines na hindi pa rin ako satisfied sa translation. Paula, OC! (lol)

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.