Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've finished watching 'Itoshi Kimi e' last week. It's about a man who's about to lose his eyesight from a rare illness. **Losing one's eyesight and yet finding love - yaks, that sounded old and crappy, ahaha** I usually stay away from tearjerkers. My sole reason for watching this one is Nao. I've been watching Naohito Fujiki's dramas lately after seeing him in Hotaru no Hikari. He's not only Buchou, but he's also the original Hanazawa Rui! . . . . . But, ahem, I digress.

I commend this drama for making me cry. But it's not sappy. The storylines were good. Although there's just a few scenes - that are supposed to be moving - which made me and my sister laugh and wonder, like that one scene in the last episode that could've been better. But, oh well, I'll let that go since it's a good drama, in all fairness.

Even my mom stayed up really late just to finish this drama. Just before the last episode, my mom said she's really sleepy, but she wouldn't and couldn't sleep until she sees the ending. My sister and I died laughing.

Here's one dialogue from the drama that I really like,

Shunsuke: Well, she's more kind of half-work than really a girlfriend.

Shiki: You just said she's your girlfriend, didn't you?

Shunsuke: Well, I guess it would be half-girlfriend, rather than work? To put it bluntly, she's the daughter of a major sponsor of my work.

Shiki: You don't like her?

Shunsuke: That's why it's "half"

Shiki: I don't understand what you mean

Shunsuke: Is it that hard to understand?

Shiki: I can't understand. it's absurd, a lover who is half work, half love.

Shunsuke: It happens to everyone. It could be half marriage, half love . . . or half pity, half love.

Shiki: If you put milk in coffee, it would no longer be coffee. It would be latté, wouldn't it?

Shunsuke: It could be "coffee milk".

Shiki: Well, I don't care what you call it, but if it's half-way, I don't think it's a relationship.

Shunsuke: Then can you say that you've been in a relationship that wasn't a "latté"?


**translator: misono, jtv-drama.net**

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.