Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I’ve had it with the IT at PC Express. The solution they gave is to reformat my 2nd HD, and my primary drive even. Based on their test, the 2nd drive is healthy though. But they cannot pinpoint why it's unreadable. Somehow I’m not surprised. My Dad said they advised that there might be something corrupted with my primary’s program so it’s best to reformat that too. Just that. Why couldn’t they use their spare PC and hook my second drive there, see if it opens, so we can definitely know it’s my c:? Anyway, I bought every bit of my PC there, so why can’t they at least test both HDs to be sure. But, again, my Dad forbids that I come to the store – afraid that I’d make a scene. And he keeps telling me that what the technicians did was already the SOP and there’s nothing we could do if they weren’t helpful enough. I find it completely absurd that I can find at least one way to determine which drive causes the problem and yet those techs could not? And I find it extremely frustrating that my Dad could not see my logic? If my HD is still healthy, surely there’s another way to opening it. Certainly there’s a way to determine the real cause why it wouldn’t? Maybe I should have those techs solve some puzzles in Fantastic Contraption to improve their analytical skills. Yes, I have very little knowledge about IT and I’m not familiar with a lot of things about the pc. But still, I’m not totally clueless. And, I don't trust those techs.

I was able to ask the IT analyst here in the office, and he offered to help. Plus, he said that the problem with my HD could not possibly be caused by the power supply. Now, that fact makes me even more cross. I hate being ignorant on something especially when the people who you must rely on make you buy something that is a total waste of money. So what was that power supply I bought for when the old one might have been just fine? I could have wasted the money on things more valuable and gratifying, for instance another issue of Monthly VAMPS **suppresses a laugh because this is definitely not the time for it**. Well, it may have been unintentional on those techs' part. But I find it appalling that they don't seem to know any better (probably just a wee bit more than what my Dad knows... and I just know a wee bit less than what my Dad know - well, probably) and their incompetence had caused me money!

But, again, for now, I must be patient and be stubborn. I will not give in just yet and let my HD be formatted. I’m stepping my foot down.


**and look what they've done. they made me write 2 consecutive posts to rant over their incompetence. Fie! they've made me waste my blog space as well**

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 . . . on a hazy morning mist . . ..

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.